If I had to summarize my cooking strategy, it would fit into 3 words: Cut-Mix-Heat (where the last step is optional).
I’m a graduate student working at a couple of jobs. I don’t have time or energy to dedicate to complicated recipes. But I love eating at home, and the comfort of having a fridge full of yummy stuff.
I’m going to share some of my favorite Cut-Mix-Heat recipes. Please let me know if you try them out!
Cut-Mix-Heat Slow Cooker Apple Spice Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes)
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper (any color – I used a yellow one this time)
- 1 large carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- a dash of black pepper
- water (or any stock)
- Cut whatever is cuttable
- Place everything in the slow cooker
- Cover the mixture with water (a chicken stock or any other left over stock would work great as well)
- Mix the ingredients
- heat on low setting for about 6 hours, or on high setting for about 4 hours
*For 1 teaspoon homemade apple pie spice, stir together 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, and a dash ground cloves or ginger.